Thursday, October 12, 2006

If this is second prize...

Then I can only imagine how awesome first prize must have been! I entered Sangeeta's "guess the baby animal" contest on Knit One, Wag Two. I didn't guess the right animal (turns out it was a zebu), but apparently I cam close enough to deserve a "runner-up" prize:


Clip stitch markers, a mini crocheted sweater keychain, Rowan Calmer
in off-white, "Soak" wool wash, and Nature Spun wool in dark red.
(Believe it or not, I took this pic with my regular camera, not my phone.
Obviously I still have a lot to learn about the correct settings for close-up
photography...)

I can tell you right now that the red yarn is going to go toward a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I'm also excited to try the Calmer, since I've heard good things about it. Thanks so much for the generous gift, Sangeeta! Now maybe I should come up with a good contest...

7 comments:

Sangeeta said...

I'm so glad you liked it! First place prize can be viewed at Susan't blog at http://letricotage.blogspot.com .

Thanks for taking part in the contest!

And kudos for the USPS which did some fast package carrying if it got there already!

Kristin said...

Winning stuff is fun! Congrats! ;-)

jennsquared said...

awesome prize! You'll have to tell me how you like Calmer! :)

Zarzuela said...

Those clip stitch markers really come in handy sometimes. Nice prize!

Jessica

Pilar said...

Que bonito paquete, realmente util :)

Latoya said...

Darn! I should have entered that contest. What great prizes you've received. I really like thelittle sweater keychain. Cute!
Stitch on!

Sangeeta said...

where are you?