I can't believe I have let so much time go by without posting! I hope I haven't lost all my readers (not that there were soooo many to begin with). Anyway, you might wonder how someone who's unemployed can be too busy to blog. A partial list of what I've been up to since the last post (in no particular order):
1. Went to DC for second round interview for "dream job" at this place
2. Uploaded over 180 photos to finally make an online album of the India trip (send me an e-mail if you want an invite to view it--I couldn't make it publicly available without getting permission from way too many people)
3. Made 208 prints of India photos and assembled a real album. Even without writing captions, this took a loooong time. But at least my non-computer-friendly grandmother could see the pictures (see #4 below).
4. Traveled to Wilmington, NC (via Baltimore) for my Grandmom's 80th birthday party. This involved my third round-trip train ride to Baltimore in four weeks, as well as an 8-hour (each way) road trip with my parents. Thank goodness we get along so well.
5. While in Wilmington I saw two of my cousins, one of whom I hadn't seen in 10 years, and the other in 15. The younger one, who is in the Navy, is already married and a father! The other one is a sous chef at this place.
6. Found out that I didn't get the "dream job."
7. The same day, found out that my mom was in the hospital. She's OK now!
8. Took Ben to the vet because he was walking funny when I got home one day. By the time we got there, of course, he was acting totally normal. The vet said his leg probably just fell asleep. I had no idea that happened to cats!
9. I also learned (thanks to Ben) that dogs are not the only neutered male pets that like to hump things.
10. Watched the New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade, during which the ban on public drunkenness was temporarily lifted. I'm sure that had much more to do with an inability to enforce it anyway than with the police wanting to be "nice." Anyway, the worst case I saw was a guy taking regular swigs directly from a bottle of Jager. I almost vomited just looking at him.
11. Went to Mishmish's birthday party, where we were served the most divine cocktails ever invented. (Blood orange martini, anyone?) I think Mish should add a recipe section to her blog. Just sayin'.
12. Had dinner with Sami and saw Transamerica.
13. Went on several long walks. Two of them with a fellow knitter and her dog, Zeus. The one I went on alone ended in panic, when I realized that the hat I knit while in India had fallen out of my pocket. Luckily when I did a drive-by later, it was still lying on the road, unharmed. Phew!
14. Found out that the people at the local Hindu temple have no problem doing an interfaith Hindu-Buddhist ceremony, even though they've never done one before. Two priceless samples from the conversation: "That should be no problem. Do you need us to find you a Buddhist?" and Q: "How soon ahead of time do we need to reserve the space?" A: "Well, it would be nice if you could give us a week or two of warning." Talk about laid back! Definitely a good vibe there.
15. Got hopelessly behind on my blog reading.
16. Failed to medal in the Knitting Olympics.
17. I did, however, finish the body of Samus, and get a start on the first sleeve:
Samus body completed
Even though I didn't finish the whole thing in time for the Olympics, I'm still glad I participated, because it did make me knit faster than I think I ever have before. Now if only I can avoid sleeve-itis...