Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Total surprise

These are two amazingly wonderful gifts I received this weekend from the most sweet, thoughtful man in the world, Taz. He tells me he has an errand to do, and would I mind hanging out at the yarn store while he does it. Um, what kind of question is that? Duh. So he leaves me happily ensconced in piles of books, searching for a good felted bag pattern. Half an hour later he comes back from whatever mysterious place he went, and I get in the car. As we begin to drive off, he reaches behind the seat and pulls out a bag. He hands it to me, saying "Happy Anniversary!" Inside are a ball winder and the Knitter's Companion. To understand why I instantly burst into tears, you have to realize what a surprise this was. It was not, I repeat not because he never gets me anything. Let us be clear on that!!! He gets me little surprise gifts all the time. It was because we've never really been big on celebrating our dating anniversaries, and I was totally unprepared. Of course, I had nothing ready to give him. I had been planning on getting him a really cool kite the next day when we went to Block Island, but of course those plans were thwarted by the minor fact of the best kite shop in the world having simply disappeared from the face of the earth since last time I was there. Sigh.

Suffice to say, not only was I completely surprised and very touched, I am also very excited to get my hands on a swift now as well, so that the ball-winding fiesta can begin. And better yet, since I don't currently have any skeins that need winding, I now have an excuse to go out and buy more yummy yarn! Yay!

2 comments:

Zarzuela said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! That's so sweet!! :) You know he's a keeper when he buys you yarn OR yarn toys!!! :)

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

very sweet and touching...
you're both the luckiest people in the world!